Friday, October 12, 2007

Inspiration I gained from a recent speaking engagement...

Have you ever had one of those moments where you think you have something to share with someone, but then you actually receive more than you give?

Recently I had the opportunity to be a guest speaker for Bach Pharma in Andover, MA, at their Board of Director's meeting dinner event. I was asked to speak to share my experience with breast cancer and my belief that our lives are filled with true joy and how we can overcome obstacles in our lives. Bach Pharma is doing some great things in regard to working to get a new drug (Galavit) that is currently being used in other countries approved for use in this country.

Throughout the evening as I spoke with individuals from around the country and world from various organizations, (Harvard Medical School, The Longevity Foundation, The Sarah Canon Cancer Center, to name a few.....) I was impressed at the great work they are doing and the tireless efforts they are continuing to provide to help those who are afflicted with various diseases.

What impressed me even more was the overwhelming dedication of this select group of individuals all fighting for the same cause......to help others get well and live their lives. While I was just one person speaking about what I believed, here was an entire group dedicated to making the world a better place.....for all!

I believe there is strength in numbers and the strength of this group will do great things....of that I am certain. As a cancer survivor, I appreciate the work they are doing and the work of all those before who made it possible for me to call myself a "survivor". It was a humbling experience to be seated with this group of people who tirelessly give of themselves.....all with the goal of helping sick people get better and live longer and more fulfilled lives.

Sure, I was telling my story about my experience and beliefs.......but look what they are doing!! They are changing the world!!!

I left MA truly inspired to reach out to more people, to discover new joys, to do MORE! Sure...I may have been asked to be the one to inspire the group........but I gained so much more inspiration than I had to give!! I gained the joy of true inspiration by seeing this collaborative group all striving for the same goal despite obstacles!

Have you ever had one of those moments when you think you have something to give.....yet you walk away with so much more?!

LIVE life every day......don't let it pass you by!!

EnJOY!
Glenna

Glenna Sanford
Author / Speaker / LifePower Coach

No comments: