Sunday, November 11, 2007

Red Shoes in the Workplace....it's a Revolution!


I had to chuckle as I was looking through this morning's paper's sales flyers......either it's the time of year or the stores are catching on......RED SHOES are everywhere!! Trying to take a "scientific" approach, I placed every flyer in the Sunday paper around me on the table to see how many stores had red shoes or boots in their advertisements and how many did not. It was amazing....every single flyer had at least one pair of red shoes in it!! Perhaps the revolution is beginning!! Women are starting to request red shoes and the marketplace is responding!!

I have started receiving emails from women at work sharing their red shoe stories with me....fabulous!! I'm getting emails from men asking where to get their wives or girlfriends a pair of red shoes........wonderful! I'm seeing women wearing red shoes and boots not just on weekends......but also in the workplace! Fantastic!!

A woman wearing a pair of red shoes makes a statement! My red shoes are my exclamation point.......they simply make me feel GOOD! I have witnessed the transformation of women in the workplace as they walk into meetings more confident, composed, and ready to voice their opinions and ideas! Watch out corporate America.....women in the workplace have started launching a revolution.....the revolution of the red shoes!

It's curious to me how simply changing the color of the shoes on our feet can make such a change in our confidence, composure and attitude. Imagine the power we have available by making other changes in our lives. Imagine the empowerment of believing in ourselves and making the choices and changes that we've been putting off for so long! What's stopping you? Recognizing your personal strength is much like a child learning to walk.....once you recognize it, you want more . Once you practice it, you can't be stopped! Greater confidence and power builds with each use of your personal power and strength! Use it! Practice it! Grow with it!

What changes in your life could you start making today that would reinforce YOU? Do you need a pair of red shoes in your life? They're available everywhere!

Glenna Sanford
glenna@glennasanford.com
Author / Speaker / LifePower Coach

No comments: